The Dreaded Christmas Weight Gain, How Do You Avoid It?
We all look forward to Christmas, parties, advent calendars and all that food. It’s a wonderful time of year, which can turn into a stressful nightmare and lots of weight gain. Here are our top 5 tips to help over the holiday period
- Planning Menu planning for the Christmas period makes you think more about what you are eating. Try to add in some healthy days, with salmon or a homemade turkey curry. Minimising the crisps and other processed goodies will help to avoid the weight gain.
- Limit the Chocolate Christmas is the time of year where we all think it’s fine to eat chocolate and lots of it. Why not buy your favourite chocolates, then the trick is to only eat enough for Christmas Day and you can savour the taste without them going straight to the waistline.
- Water Down the Alcohol After each alcoholic drink, have a glass of water; it helps to keep you hydrated and slows the alcohol intake down.
- Walking it Off Plan a nice long walk each day - don’t let the weather put you off. Wrap up warm and if it’s raining, try the woods where there is lots of natural shelter.
- Who is going to Drive? Think about all those lovely parties that you get invited too. Why not have a driving rota with friends and family. You could choose to drive to a few events. You will save yourself lots of calories.
We all want to have a wonderful Christmas. It is a time to relax and enjoy time together. Using these top tips can stop you putting on the pounds over the holiday season. Happy Christmas