Festive winter pudding
- 1kg cranberries
- 3 pears peeled, cored and chopped
- 200g soft brown sugar
- Grated zest of an orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 slices of fresh white bread
1) Put all ingredients except bread in a pan and bring slowly to the boil until sugar dissolves.
2) Strain through a sieve and reserve liquid.
3) Cut crusts off bread and dip slices in juice quickly and then use to line a 1 litre pudding basin.
4) Remove cinnamon stick from pudding basin and pour mixture into lined basin.
5) Place final bread slices over top (after dipping in juice) and cover with cling-film and a plate. Place weights on top and refrigerate overnight.
6) Turn out and serve with thick Jersey cream or ice cream.
Recipe by Durleighmarsh Farm Shop, 01730 821626, www.durleighmarshfarmshop.co.uk