A matter of sentiment
Jo Jacob from Benella shares her top home organisation tips for February...
Sentimental items tend to be the things we are most reluctant to let go of.
These tend to be made up of photographs, personal letters and cards.
- Put some quiet time aside and gather items together to be sorted
- Create a memory box – eg: shoebox or clear crate with lid
- Letters and cards – take the time to re-read and only keep the ones with happy memories
- If space is short, get them scanned and keep on your computer
- Photographs – easier now with digital photographs but some of us may have boxes of old yellow albums and photograph wallets – dispose of the duplicates, blurred ones or with people you no longer remember – try to keep only the best
- Once photos have been thinned out, put into an album or;
If you want to keep old photographs as digital copies use www.photomyne.com using a smart phone
Frame the ones that make you happy so you can see them daily
Benella, 07703 218905, www.benella.co.uk