The easy way to simplify your wardrobe
With spring around the corner now is a great time to sort out your clothes We wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time - Is it time to be ruthless? Are you holding onto clothes that don’t fit anymore? Here’s the easy way to simplify your wardrobe:
- Take out a section of clothes and start trying on
- Make piles of items to keep, repair, sell or donate
- Be realistic – how many pairs of black trousers or jeans do you really wear?
- Vacuum store washed out of season clothes and store elsewhere if short of space
- Invest in good strong hangers
- Put elastic bands at ends of hangers to stop items falling off
- Using shelves and drawers for tops and t-shirts frees up hanging space
- Store like minded clothes together, ie: work items, casual wear etc
- Hang items with the hangers reversed and return to wardrobe when worn with hangers the right way so you can see after the season what you have actually worn.