Benella: Back to school
Home Organisation by Benella
Back to school organising tips:
- Use last week of holidays to start getting earlier bedtime routine back in place
- New school or more independence? – test run the school walk/cycle/drive
- Go through all uniform to see what needs replacing and donate too small or old school uniform – most schools have regular second hand uniform sales
- Use calendar system for all appointments/after school activities/playdates etc – Smart phone calendar apps which synch the whole family or a wall calendar will work well
- Create a spot for all school notices/party invites – encourage children to empty their bags daily so you actually get them!
- A basket or storage unit near front door for PE kit, school bags etc should avoid stressful mornings trying to find items
- Ensure there is a suitable homework area which is quiet. A communal area ensures you can keep an eye on the internet usage. Stock with stationery supplies etc.
- Prepare lunches/snacks the night before.
Enjoy a stress-free new academic year!
07703 218905, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.benella.co.uk