How to organise your loft
Home organisation by Benella
This month, how organise your loft...
The graveyard of things dumped and forgotten or a perfectly utilised space to store seasonal/spare items? Use these colder weekends to put some time aside to organise with these easy steps:
- Often damp with an unsafe floor – ensure you have adequate boarding with enough air between insulation and check for any roof damage which may cause leaks
- Invest in stackable clear crates with lids
- Label these so you can easily see what is being stored
- Examples are: Christmas, Halloween, clothes/shoes for next child, items to car boot/sell
- Store luggage in clear bin bags to keep dust free
- What else is being stored? Be ruthless, do you need old boxes or dated computer screens?
- Clear little and often so you don’t end up with a clear loft but a full house!
- Tip trips or a hippo bag will mean you can clear as you go along
- Once organised, ensure you have adequate space to safely move around