Welcome to the New Year and a New YOU!
The Rowans Hospice Charity calls on supporters to kick off a healthy new year in style
A week into the new year and with the Christmas festivities now firmly behind us, how many of us admit to eating one too many mince pies and consuming our own body weight in chocolate? If you answered yes then fear not, the Rowans Hospice Charity has a New Year challenge to suit everyone!
Let’s make 2021 all about YOU! Whether your New Year’s Resolution is to get fit, fitter or faster, taking up a fitness challenge throughout January and February could be a great motivator, whilst also raising vital funds for local Hospice care. The Charity’s ‘New Year, New You’ Challenge is an opportunity to focus on you and what better time to start than now!
This can be a challenge you do in your own way, particularly around the revised COVID restrictions now in place. It is a family-friendly free event, open to all ages and abilities and can be done where and whenever you like. Take part as a ‘virtual team’ with your family, your household, your support bubble, or how about a virtual event against friends and work colleagues who live elsewhere?
With so many people once again working from home, the Charity is encouraging supporters to sign up today to make a positive start in 2021, to not only boost personal wellbeing and good mental health, but support the Hospice to ensure the Charity is able to continue to provide specialist end of life care to those in the local community who need it most.
For those needing a little inspiration, the Charity suggests (provided the new COVID restrictions allow):
- Turn 5K into £5K by taking on the ‘Couch to 5K’ challenge
- For an epic adrenaline rush take on the Rowans Hospice 13,000ft SkyDive
- Walk around your local park for 30 mins each day, increasing your distance each week
- Get on your bike and cycle 5 miles every weekend throughout January and February
- Check in every day with The Body Coach on YouTube for a home fitness or HIIT workout
- How about rowing 10,000km each day? Or set yourself a 30-minute challenge each week to see how far you can row
- Step it Up by challenging yourself to 10,000 steps every day
- How about a bit of mindfulness with a virtual yoga class online?
- Maximise the fun and burn off those mince pies with a 30-minute hula hoop workout
- Challenge yourself to 100 sit ups every day – that will shift the Christmas Pud!
- Get your body moving by doing 60 minutes of disco dancing in your living room and party like it’s 1999!
- Hold a family sports day at home in the garden or indoors, asking family and friends for sponsorship
The possibilities are infinite and endless - run, walk, cycle, or even hop, skip or jump. Local parks, the countryside, or even a blast along the coast will all help blow away the Christmas cobwebs and get you feeling ready to take on 2021. Sign up today at: www.rowanshospice.co.uk/newyearnewyou